Sunday, June 14, 2009

Grace!

I have felt the amazing grace of God so much over the past couple of days! My husband and I have been struggling financially for the past few months as I finished up Nursing school! Now that I'm done, it seems like we keep running into obstacles with getting my state license. It seems that the application I sent off two weeks ago has gotten lost in the mail, along with the cashier's check in it. So, I will have to send off another application along with another check. We were told by the bank that we have to wait 90 days to cancel the original cashier's check. Fortunately, I've been blessed with a very generous mother-in-law. We rent our house from my mother-in-law and she not only had patience with us being late on rent this month, but she is allowing us to take the money we need to send off a new check to the board of nursing out of our rent!
As I sat here thinking about how blessed we were to have that happen for us, I also got to thinking about how blessed we are that God allowed us to be in this living situation when this happened. We haven't been living in this house very long now, and I just thought about how wonderful God's work in our lives has been! It's not a coincidence that we are living in this house! God knew that these obstacles would arise and he planed ahead for us!
We've also been blessed in that we are learning to live on less BEFORE we have more! It is such a blessing to be in this situation because it has allowed me to learn how to REALLY stretch a dollar! This is a skill that I am sure will help us to save money once we are a two income family again!
There have been some amazing deals that I've run into over the past couple of weeks and I know now that these deals are God's way of looking out for us! He is so amazing! Just this morning I got a knock on my front door. It was a family who had shopped at a yard sale that I held two weeks ago. They came to ask me if I had more diapers because they needed some and I had a good price on them. I sold them a few packs, and was able to help them get a great deal and make a few bucks for my family! That money paid for my newspapers this week that help me get the great deals I'm able to get!
All of this proves that what the bible says is very true....God feeds the sparrows and if he provides for them how much more does he provide for his own children! I feel him surrounding me and everything I do all the time now! If not for the grace of God, I don't know where I'd be right now!

I just wanted to share this with you and I hope it helps you to see his grace all around you! He loves us so much and he truly does take care of us, even when I'm broke financially speaking, I'm rich is so many other areas of my life!
God bless,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. What a testimony! Thanks so much for sharing that. I, too, am often amazed at how God takes care of my family. He always give us exactly what HE knows we need exactly when we need it and even things we want! He is an amazing God!

    ReplyDelete